If you're just joining the CarmenClaire family, welcome to your dose of beauty tips, need-to-know CC news and juicy articles with a feminist twist.
If you're not into the tips and want to go straight to the shopping, scroll down for deets on our Say Goodbye Sale. Out with the old and in with the new! Don't worry, I've got some awesome new goodies up my sleeve that I know you're going to love.
If you just want me to get on with the tips to speed up your morning beauty ritual, keep reading.
1. Plan ahead. Anyone close to me will tell you that I'm not a morning person. I do my best work in the dead of night, and the same goes for my beauty ritual. Think about everything you do to get ready in the morning and see if there's anything you can get done the night before. And no, you can't do your makeup the night before (I wish!). Five minutes here, ten minutes there can add up, and before you know it you'll have freed up more time to catch up on reading or even sneak in a quick polish change.
2. Skip the lotion. Smear on some heavy duty body cream or oil before you go to bed. Applying lotion on a hot summer morning isn't always fun, so think of it as an overnight deep moisture treatment. You can also use conditioner instead of shaving cream for your legs. Conditioner will moisturize your skin so you can skip the post-shower lotion sesh.
3. Go old school. Embrace beachy waves and sleep with your damp hair in braids. You can even do your whole morning routine with braids in, head to work and unravel them right before you walk through the door. And this time you can really say "I woke up like this".
4. Be your own stylist. This may seem like a no-brainer, but the time it takes just to pick out an outfit could be longer than you think. Why not lay out everything before hitting the hay? Clothes, accessories, shoes, bag, the works. You can even go nuts and lay out all your outfits for the week on a Sunday.
5. Minimize the makeup. Gasp! Have I lost my mind? But seriously, even I have to admit that there are days when makeup just isn't a priority. If you haven't mastered applying your makeup in the car, doing your face can be a pretty time-consuming (albeit fun) morning task. If you're in a rush, limit your "home makeup" to things that need a steady hand, like winged eyeliner, bold lips or your brows. Other "no-mirror-makeup" like powder or lip color can be done at a traffic light, easy.
6. Save the shampoo. This may sound gross to most of you, but I'm a HUGE advocate of washing my hair just a few times a week. It's not only healthier, it keeps your dye job looking great for way longer. Give your hair a few weeks to "train" by washing every other day and using dry shampoo or powder between washes. You'll be loving your dirty hair days in no time.
7. Get organized. All the planning and strategizing in the world means nothing if it takes you ten minutes just to find your favorite eyeliner. Use some of your free time to organize all of your makeup and maybe even give your brushes a bath. Make a day out of it and organize the rest of your room too!
Love and kick-ass morning rituals,
Comments will be approved before showing up.
A lady can never have too many lipsticks, and a beautiful red is one of the first things a beauty junkie ever buys. It's deceptively simple to wear, but think of these few tips for your next holiday party and take your favorite red lipstick to the next level.
1. Matte and shimmer, made for each other.
The holidays tend to make us more heavy-handed with the glitter, but remember this: matte lips and shimmery cheeks, OR matte skin and glossy red lips. It's either one or the other, so don't overdo it!
2. Prep your canvas.
There's nothing worse than beautiful red lips and nothing else on the face. Red lipstick is a classic that demands respect, so at the very least, make sure to de-shine your skin and fill in your brows. It'll give you a more polished look.
Just a quick heads up that Xend recently updated their shipping rates to the following:
Metro Manila - P69 (P70 at CC)
Provincial - P109 (P110 at CC)
For us girls who are allergic to Math, I've taken the liberty of rounding up the rates here at CarmenClaire, just to make things easier.